Is there anybody out there??

Thursday 18 March 2010

Spring time!

It seems as if Spring is here at last. This morning the sun was out, sky was blue and I felt warm for the first time in weeks.

I haven't written for a while as I have house guests and they have taken up a lot of my time and patience. It is lovely to have people around for a while - but I am used to my own company these days so have learned to enjoy being on my own too. So I am now looking forward to a quieter time.

As one gets older one worries about the most mundane things and they appear so important. But when they have resolved themselves you wonder why you got yourself in such a state. Worrying takes up so much time and energy. I had a problem with my car and got really worked up about it until it was repaired. The other week I had a problem with the Internet. Somehow I got cut off
I phoned BT (my provider) and a very nice Indian talked me through and was very patient with me and in the end I got back on. There was such a sense of elation and achievement when it all worked out. Today's technical world is just so difficult for us older generation to comprehend. I do wonder what the future holds for the young people of today. How my grandchildren will cope with the technological age.

I have had problems with my neighbours for the past 4 years. They are a very dysfunctional family and have created lots of problems. Now other people have moved into the flat above them
and they also are problematic. So this week I spoke to the Safer Neighbourhood Team about them - they have been very supportive to me in the past. They seem aware of what is going on next door and are keeping an eye on the situation.

My new project. Last year I went on a project with the Museum of London archives and helped label and store artifacts from some digs. Then I heard there was a project going on in my home area and so I volunteered to go on it. I think it will be quite interesting. With the first project l gained so many news skills, got to know some really nice people and learned a lot about archaeology. So I hope this new project will be as interesting and informative. More news on this project later.

No comments:

Post a Comment