Is there anybody out there??

Saturday 1 May 2010

Another week-end!

As this is a Bank Holiday weekend I panicked and thought 'what am I going to do?' I had no plans, my friends seem to be busy and my family were all doing things. But I decided not to despair and be positive. Today I went on a walk with a walking group I have belonged to for over a year. Most of the members are my age - some a lot older, so the pace isn't too hard. I use this group on such occasions as this and have always enjoyed walking with them.


The walk today was around Regents Park and then on the Regents Canal tow path up to Little Venice where there was a 'Cavalcade' - there were lots of barges all decorated - music etc. The Regents Park part of the walk was really lovely - sun actually came out for some of the time and the spring flowers were just glorious. We went to Camden Lock for lunch - but that was too noisy and crowded, so I lead a couple of people to a quiet, green space that I knew. After lunch we did the 'Little Venice' part of the walk which was also very nice, but I felt quite tired by then. We must have walked for about 4 hours with a l hour lunch break in between - so I got home feeling very tired but content. I walked and talked with some very nice people saw some interesting places and I feel very healthy and relaxed.


Tomorrow I intend to do some housework and/gardening. This is the time of year when things look shabby and need perking up. And on Monday I am going to one of daughter's for a barbeque So my empty week-end will have been filled in a very pleasant way.


That is the problem with living alone. You need to be with people some of the time but there is also a need for time to one self. But if you have been on your own for more than a day you start thinking depressing thoughts.


I do get worked up sometimes, thinking everyone is doing something with someone and I am the only one alone - no-one really cares. But I do know that isn't always true. I also know that I have to be positive and, if I really want to, there are plenty of interesting things I can do. However, I still have the feeling that I wish I had someone to do things with. Not necessarily a partner, but a special friend.


I am sorry I have no pictures this blog - but there are one or two on my camera and I will endeavour to get them on for my next blog. I am still not too certain how to save the photos and move them to this blog! I usually manage to do it, so I will have to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment