Is there anybody out there??

Friday 22 March 2013

March Miseries

March has been really miserable. Very cold weather, lots of biting wind, and I am feeling quite low. This winter has been very long and it doesn't seem to be ending at all. Usually there is a feeling of hope at this time of year - but not at the moment. There are still a few more days of the month left and the weather forecast is dreadful - very cold.

In the middle of February I had a cataract operation. The actual operation went quite well but somehow a piece of debris remained and was causing discomfort so I had to have the eyeball 'washed out' (this was more uncomfortable than the actual cataract op) but I am fine now. Still putting drops in my eye - but otherwise seeing quite well and waiting for an appointment to go to my opticians to get glasses. At present I do not really need glasses for most things. I am slightly shortsighed now - but can see most things other than very small print and will need to wear glasses for driving and tv. I have had to wear glasses most of my life so it will be a relief not to have to rely on them now.

The Cataract Operation added to my miseries the end of February and beginning of March - but there have been other factors. My social life has slowed down again and, as usual, am beginning to feel that I am on my own and no-one cares. I must say my children have shown me every care and attention - but my friends seem to have disappeared from my life.  They had all had health or family problems which leaves me on my own. Whereas I usually meet a friend for tea/coffee or lunch weekly - these have stopped and I find I'm doing things on my own. I don't mind being on my own but I do like having people around me with whom I can communicate.

Another problem has been - mice. I have had mice in my kitchen for the past 2 weeks and have been trying to get rid of them. I have (against my sensitive feelings) had to put down poison. Today there has been a very slight sign of the 'little visitors' but I am now visualising them eating the poison and then dying a horrible death and feeling really bad about this.

Anyway positive things. I am going away next Tuesday for a few days to Kent. I usually go with a friend of mine but she is one of my friends with health problems so part of the time I will be on my own. She hopes to come down for a day which will be nice if she can manage this. The weather will still be cold - but it will be good to get away from dreary London.

Soon I will go to my usual village in Suffolk for a week in April and I am really looking forward to that. There will 2 other occasions for me visiting that area this year.

On Easter Monday the family will come over for afternoon tea. That will give me great pleasure.

I have booked a holiday in California to see my cousin who lives there. I am going in October and will see her, some old friends and relations. So that is something really nice to look forward to.

I am already feeling a little bit happier after writing this. I am going to The Royal Academy to see an Art exhibition later today. On my own - but will enjoy this.

No comments:

Post a Comment