Is there anybody out there??

Sunday 21 February 2010

Another week!


Another week has gone by and I have only now had time to write this. My weeks go by so fast, sometimes too fast. However, during the week I kept thinking of all the things I want to write - but of course I have forgotten what I wanted to say.


There are times when I get a bit low. Being on my own, I really have no-one to talk to about my feelings. On Friday I went to Kew Gardens by myself. I had been thinking about it for weeks and, as the weather looked good, I made up my mind to go. It was a super day and I really enjoyed it but I did miss a companion. Or at least someone I could have discussed it with when I got home. I am usually a very optimistic person but at times like this I feel a bit down.


I do have friends but not anyone I can just phone up and say "I had a super day today". Most of my friends seem not to listen to what I have to say about my feelings, they just come out with their own problems. I do understand their needs and I do listen to them sympathetically but I also need some one who will listen to me.


That is one of the reasons why I have started this blog so that I can get some of my pent up feeling out. And I don't mean just to moan about things but to share my enjoyment and happy moments too. The happy moments seem to go by so quickly that it is hard to capture them and this could be a good way to hold them.


Some of my happy moments are times when I am with my family I am so very proud of them. We had a lot of problems when they were young and they have all managed to move on from them and lead very active, useful and successful lives.


Just to note briefly my week-ends activities. On Friday I went to Kew Gardens. On Saturday morning I went on one of my Saturday morning walks, this week around the Ealing area and today went with my U3A group to the Wildlife Photographer of the Year Exhibition. So I have been busy and quite satisfied.


1 comment:

  1. Kew sounded good. It would belovely to go with you later in the spring - hoq about Easter holiday.

    Be careful what you write on the blog. The world could be watching.

    Love D

    ReplyDelete